Heavy Duty Universal Joints
MOOG premium universal joints are machined to meet or exceed original equipment standards. Each u-joint part is precision-ground to the strictest tolerances, with quality control inspections at every step of the manufacturing process.
- Bearing cups are cold-formed and case-hardened with a state-of-the-art manufacturing process to ensure the highest quality. All parts are ground to stringent tolerances with quality control inspections at every step of the manufacturing process.
- Grease fitting holes are drilled and tapped. Most Precision Heavy Duty u-joints feature dual grease fittings for easier access during regular joint maintenance.
- Cross trunnions have large grease reservoirs that feature radial grease channels for optimal grease distribution.
- Cross trunnions are ground during manufacturing to a 10-20 RMS finish. This provides a smooth surface that is free of microscopic grooves that can cause premature wear.
- Internal anti-drainback valve is integrated into the thrust washer to control lubrication flow and prevent dry start-up.
- Needle bearings are made from the highest quality bearing steel and are heat treated and ground to provide maximum life and load-carrying capabilities.
- High quality nitrile seals are long-wearing and abrasion-resistant. They extent the life of the u-joint by retaining lubricant in the bearings and keeping contaminants out. Metal protective shields are used on most applications to provide an extra level of protection and extend seal life.